Terms and Conditions
In the context of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
- MND Scotland is a Scottish charity registered under number SCO 02662 and a company limited by guarantee registered under number 2177735, having its registered office at MND Scotland, 6th Floor, Merchant Exchange, 20 Bell Street, Glasgow, G1 1LG;
- the Website means any website under the ownership or control of MND Scotland from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions;
- the Material means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links or computer code published on, contained or available on the Website;
- User means the individual, firm, company or organisation accessing this website or making an Order.
2. Applicable terms and conditions
The Website is owned by MND Scotland and any use made of this site (including registrations and donations made via the Website), are subject to these terms and conditions. MND Scotland may, at its sole discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating the text of this page.
3. Use of the Website
Anyone is entitled to view any non-password protected parts of the Website and to use for their own purposes the information contained therein, provided:
- it is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.
- any links created to the Website are notified to and approved by MND Scotland before they are created.
- no part of the Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the written permission of MND Scotland.
4. Copyright and trade marks
- Copyright in the Material is owned by MND Scotland or its content suppliers. Unauthorised use of the Material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written consent of MND Scotland or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited.
- The names and logos of MND Scotland and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trade marks of MND Scotland and may not be used without the prior consent of MND Scotland.
- All works in the nature of databases attract database rights.
The website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. Users should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information contained in this website. So far as permissible by law, MND Scotland does not accept any liability to any person relating to the use of any such information.
Whilst MND Scotland has taken every precaution in compiling this site neither it nor any contributors to the site can be held responsible for any action (or the lack thereof) taken by any person or organisation wherever they shall be based, as a result, direct or otherwise, on information contained in or accessed through this internet site.
6. Target audience
The Website is intended for use by UK residents and only in relation to their activities within the UK. It may be dangerous to apply any of the information on the Website to activities outside the UK.
MND Scotland does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via the Website is accurate, complete or correct. MND Scotland has no liability whatsoever in respect of any use which you make of such information except in the case of personal injury or death caused by the negligence of MND Scotland.
The information provided on this Website has not been written to meet individual requirements and it is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to using the information in any way for your purposes. Before making any decisions based on the information contained on the Website, you are strongly advised to refer to alternative, independent sources of information to substantiate the basis for your decision.
7. Warranty and indemnity
The User warrants to MND Scotland that it will not use the Website, the Material or any part thereof for any purpose that is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation or in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property rights of third parties or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others or in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful manner. The User shall indemnify MND Scotland, its employees and agents, harmless against all claims, liability, losses, damages and expenses including, without limitation, legal fees and costs arising out of or incurred as a result of any claims made, or litigation brought, against MND Scotland, its employees and agents, as a result of the use by the User of the Website, the Material or any part thereof for whatever purpose, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Limitation of liability
MND Scotland hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the Material and any goods or services supplied in relation to the Website, whether express or implied or statutory (including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose). In no event shall MND Scotland be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages whatsoever even if MND Scotland has been advised of the possibility of damages including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website, interruptions or delays to the Website, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, Material, goods and services obtained through the Website or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website, whether based on contract, tort or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Third party websites
The Website contains links to websites operated by parties other than MND Scotland. Such links are provided for the User’s convenience only. MND Scotland does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content. MND Scotland’s inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. The User is solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
10. Privacy and Data Protection
Whilst MND Scotland makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
12. On-line Transactions
MND Scotland reserves the right to vary event registration fees and the prices of any goods or services listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods or services are subject to availability and MND Scotland reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply any goods or services to any individual.
Although the Website uses encryption security software in areas where on line payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by any User who transmits information by means of e-mail or other Internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by such User and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by MND Scotland or its agents.
14. Force majeure
MND Scotland shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations hereunder nor liable to the User for any loss or damage which may be suffered by another party due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, fire, storm, flood, lightening, disease, strike, trade dispute, act of terrorism, any act or omission of government or regulatory bodies or communications operators.
- If any provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between MND Scotland and the User and supercede all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications and proposals, whether electronic or written, between the User and MND Scotland.
- Any failure of MND Scotland to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights or operate so as to bar the subsequent exercise or enforcement or any such rights.
The terms and conditions and the use by the User of the Website shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the Website and/or any transactions made on the Website, or these terms and conditions.